< 3500 kg
Category B Licence
Discount for rentals of 7 days or more.
Early bird booking
Discount for booking requests sent 5 months or more before departure.
Hiya, my name is Blue Hotel!
I am a classic (VW Transporter 3) with 3 seats. I am economical in regards to fuel and I love to go around Portugal both by the sea and inland.
With me, the fun is assured!
Located at the back of the vehicle it allows access to the mattress on either side. This is the type of bed which offers the most amount of comfort.
Model : Volkswagen Transporter
Registration date: 1990
Revenue Weight 2,600.0 kg
Number of seats: 3
Number of berth: 2
Number of seatbelts: 3
Length: 4.5 m
Clean water : 53.0 litres
Height: 1.9 m
Waste water : 53.0 litres
Width: 1.5 m
Additive: No additive
Kilometres: 200-250,000 km
Tank capacity : 47.0 litres
Fuel consumption: 8-10L/100km
Security deposit (managed by the owner) €500.00
Payment method for the security deposit: Cash, Other
Extra km: ---
No smoking vehicle
In the event of a cancellation, the reimbursement terms vary depending on the date on which the booking was cancelled.
If the cancellation is 30 days or more before departure, you will be reimbursed 70% of the rental cost (insurance and service fees excluded).
If less than 30 days before departure, no reimbursement will be possible, the total amount of the transaction is due.
Flexible cancellation due to cases of force majeure
If you are unable to travel due to a force majeure, you can benefit from adapted cancellation conditions. They allow you to postpone your trip at no cost.
The owner's remuneration will be refunded within 10 days after your cancellation. You will be able to use the remaining balance on your next booking, for the vehicle of your choice.
We had a great time, but there was a few hiccups.
- The layout and set up of the living place. It was very handy, spacious and well put. Cooking was really easy. The fridge works very well.
- The comfort of the mattress. We had great night sleeps.
- The top gallery was one of the reasons we picked this model, and although we couldn’t sleep in it, we used it as an extra storage space, and it offered us the chance to sometimes stand up (if you place the trap door vertically)
- Lots of battery plug options, we always could charge our phones/laptops.
- It seems like the engine needed fixing. At some point I could not go faster than 30km/h on the highway whenever driving uphill (Joao said this was unusual and he would repair it).
- The van was sort of jerking when clenching the 2nd and 3rd gear.
- The Radio/CD player was not functionning, I wish we had known that beforehand.
- We would have appreciated if the grey water tank had been completely emptied when given the keys.
Side notes: I always plan an extra sleeping bag, which came in handy this time because the blanket was a bit too small for the both of us.
In summary: the living experience was awesome. We stayed 2 and 3 days on two different spots and never wanted to leave. We felt cosy, at home.
But the driving experience was not pleasant because of the engine (I’m used to driving this model) and we had to modify our itinerary.
I recommend this Van if you're not in a rush and have lots time planned for your road trip.
Joao was helpful and always replied quickly to our messages, even offered to drive us back to the airport.
Member since November 2021
More than 10 rentals performed
12 renter reviews
English, Portuguese, Italian
Reply rate: 100 %
Vehicle registration verified
Technical inspection verified
Best OwnerWhat's a Best Owner?
I am João.
My first experience with a campervan changed my life. It didn't took too long until I started thinking about buying one or two vans and maybe even to live from it.
If you rent my van, I really hope that you enjoy the experience as much as I enjoyed my first one. But please note that I will not hold any responsability if you start having the same thoughts I did. ;-)
The exact address will be communicated to you when the booking is confirmed.